c of crud tested

Tue, Oct 9, 2007

I’ve now got an Ingest unit test working for the Fedora API-M web services. It was all going swimmingly until I started using a rather large PDF file to ingest, which caused the error:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Increasing the client side heap did nothing, then something I read on Google twigged - the server, doh! I added this line to Fedora’s Tomcat’s catalina.sh, which fixed the problem:

JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"

Next step is to implement some R functionality.

comments powered by Disqus